Learning to Love

"I know that the Lord will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and justice for the poor." Psalm 140:12.

Monday, September 01, 2008

Prayer Requests


Thursday night made me realize a couple prayer requests. A couple of minutes after we arrived a very tall man came in and stared at every kid and woman in the room. I suddenly felt very vulnerable. I looked around at every single adult and realized that we were all women. Not only that, it dawned on me that I was the BIGGEST woman, therefore, our defense lay on my hands. The creepy man just looked and looked and none of us women knew what to do or how to ask him to leave. That is when I realized how blessed we are for God's protection every week. Please pray that God will send two or three men to help out with this ministry. We are very vulnerable and easy prey to evil minds.

The second thing that really touched me was my talk with Juliana afterward. She told me that she is really excited because she has a new job opportunity. The new job? BEING THE PASTOR'S MAID. Its so sad to me, that a 23 year old woman who is so talented, who teaches these young girls so well, has to spend her life working as a maid. She is such a sweet girl, about my age, and yet her time is spent doing hard manual labor for a minimal wage. I decided to pray that God would give her the opportunity to go to college. I asked her about it and she said that she wants to go and its one of her dreams in the near future. She mentioned that working for the Pastor might help her to fulfill that dream because he has been encouraging her to run after that. Let's see how God works in her life in regards to this! Pray that she might be able to get out of this maid's lifestyle and go further in life with her great mind!

The girls were great! We talked about John chapter 1 and they participated a bit and thought through the passage a bit more... There were 10 girls this time-- the numbers keep growing!

May the Lord continue to preserve the lives of these girls and the women who work with them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home