Learning to Love

"I know that the Lord will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and justice for the poor." Psalm 140:12.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

One Story


Tonight I would like to tell the story of Duani. She is a a 14 year old girl who has been faithfully attending our small gatherings on Thursday nights. She is a beautiful girl, and I can tell that the boys are probably already running after her. I enjoy seeing her because she has a genuine interest in learning more about God and she does all the lessons that I assign the girls to do at home. She has been so faithful to memorizing the books of the Bible and she proudly told me that she is making her smaller sister memorize them with her!

This last Thursday, I was talking to her when her sister walked in. I made a passing comment that they didn't look much alike and they readily told me that they had different fathers. I asked if they lived with the younger sister's father and they said "No, we live with our little brother's father." Wow, three children from different fathers. I guess that is quite common in their circles, but it puts into perspective how much these girls have to go through. They live with men who are not their real fathers, and with siblings who are not fully their own blood.

I pray for these girls safety in regards to abuse that might come from within their own homes. I also pray that they would not follow in the footsteps of many of their mothers, who at times go from one man to another, without much regard to how hurtful or traumatizing that can be for their children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home